Here is a great side to go with chicken or any other meat you might be serving. These are even great for appetizers or for the big game halftime as well!
- 1 cup shelled sweet corn
- 3/4 cup chopped red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup flour (or more as needed to bind the batter)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 green chili, very finely chopped (for some heat)
- Oil to fry (Peanut oil is preferred)
- Water to bind the batter
- Black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except the flour, oil and water.
- Add the flour and mix again.
- Next add the water by the spoonful and stir to bind. The batter should be thick and of droppable consistency similar to these bhaji batter.
- Heat oil in wok and test fry a small portion of batter to check if the oil is hot enough to cook. If the batter comes up bubbling the oil is ready.
- Make one fritter first, taste it and adjust the batter for seasonings.
- Cook first on low heat and then on high to ensure the fritter cooks inside and out.
- Serve hot with some ketchup or cheese dip!