Here is one I think you will like! This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. Give this a try!
- 8 oz. mini penne pasta or macaroni
- 6-8 slices bacon, diced and cooked until done but not crisp (or use store “already diced” bacon)
- 2 c. diced cooked chicken breast (about 2-3 chicken breast halves, cooked) (or buy “ready made” diced chicken in store)
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/3 c. diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2-3/4 c. mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- OPTIONAL: A few dashes of hot sauce-probably about 1/4 tsp. if measured
- Cook pasta following package directions; drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine diced bacon, chicken, red onion, tomatoes, celery, red bell pepper (if using) and parsley; toss to blend the ingredients.
- Combine 1/2 c. mayonnaise and lemon juice (and lemon zest, if using); mix well.
- Add garlic powder, pepper, and salt to taste (this is where I added the cayenne pepper and hot sauce).
- Add to vegetable mixture and stir until vegetables are coated.
- Add pasta; toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Refrigerate until serving time.