This is a delicious and very Easy Alfredo Sauce you can make at home. This sauce is far better than the jarred ones.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 2.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 C skim milk
- 6 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. It helps to whisk with one hand and pour with the other.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Keep stirring so everything melts together.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. If you like thicker sauce, leave it on the heat longer than if you like it thinner.
NOTES: This recipe makes 4 cups of sauce. Store left overs in refrigerator for up to a week and use on other recipes. This sauce is especially delicious on pasta and a perfect sauce for my Chicken Alfredo Pizza